Covey, Jason Covey: a birthday tribute to my man
Tomorrow is my husband’s birthday and I thought I would seize the opportunity to proclaim his greatness to the world.
Note possible ulterior motive: I’m hoping this post may convince him to finally read my blog!
Here are 36 reasons that I love Jason, in honour of his 36th birthday:
1. He looks like James Bond when he wears a suit.
2. He laughs at all my jokes but he never at me.
3. He is steadfast and level-headed.
4. He takes his time and will not be rushed.
5. He offers the single most memorable line in an evening full of conversation.
6. He listens and remembers.
7. He doesn’t succumb to the unrealistic expectations and idiotic opinions of others.
8. He looks at me and he sees me.
9. He is a respectful and respected professional that does his work with excellence.
10. He opens our home to any number of vagabonds, including, but not limited to, former students, moms groups, and close family.
11. He sees all his flaws as a place to start rather than a depressing end.
12. He reads classic fiction – for fun – and he reads to our children.
13. He tracks the paperwork and finances for our household on an Excel spreadsheet because I asked him to. God bless him.
14. He trouble-shoots technology problems and is patient enough to persevere until he finds a solution.
15. He is an amazing athlete, playing all sports with ease (an ability I envy because I do not possess it).
16. He helps around the house with menial chores like garbage, dishes, and laundry.
17. He commutes every day so I don’t have to.
18. He respects my profession.
19. He tells me to relax, to sit awhile, and to let the rest of the “to-do” list go.
20. He snuggled and continues to snuggle our babies.
21. He gets his hair cut with a proper stylist.
22. He cares about how he presents himself to the world: with style and integrity.
23. He will pick up diapers and feminine products on his way home from work without complaining.
24. He keeps my bed warm every night.
25. He strives to understand and meet my needs.
26. He champions me in my secret ambitions.
27. He listens to my lengthy and repetitive rants about delinquent teenagers at work, frustrating kids at home, and my mother.
28. He cherishes his heritage and seeks to honour it in our home.
29. He makes time for frequent dates and plans mini-break weekends.
30. He draws me a bath, rubs my feet, and/or pours me a cup of tea (or a glass of wine) when I am weary.
31. He trusts and values my opinion as an equal partner.
32. He DJs and participates fully in our Living Room Dance Parties.
33. He reads his Bible daily with his morning cup of coffee.
34. He will watch episodes of Gilmore Girls, Downton Abbey, and Parenthood.
35. He tolerates my fits of hysteria that often end in tears or uncontrollable laughter.
36. He is fiercely loyal and committed to his family.
And…he reads my blog!
Happy Birthday, honey! I hope you feel loved today and every day.